This isn't a very drawn-out affair - there are just fifteen clues - but it's all about art and the pursuit of meaning where art is concerned can be extremely overwhelming!
Your ultimate goal is to find the puzzle's answerline which is a vertical word or phrase. In discovering it, you'll reveal a surprisingly simple way in which all the answers are connected. And you'll also render the complex concept of art much more fathomable!
Sort of like a Vincent Gogh painting losing paint then fading entirely away! (9) 1.
Get an art rep.! (5) 2.
3. Stamp on the vegetable. (6)
4. A painting that can be hung beside slick paint cans and tops, well. (3)
5. What do crayons and spray-guns have in common? They belong to American Jewish artist, Man! (4)
6. Ellington's jazz trombonist, Art _ _ _ _ _ . (5)
7. Most of our nudes start to expose their buttocks. (4)
8. A number is sculpting the Nautilus, for example. (9)
The way around the heart of the Louvre's full of twists and turns. (4) 9.
Rubbing out coarser lines, strengthening central ones like charcoal. (5) 10.
Commissioned officer to create : easel, frames. (7) 11.
12. By law, I'd own some but she'd probably inherit her husband's art collection. (5)
13. Dotted, chintzy, and urban. (4)
14. Tussaud's medium to become more prominent. (3)
Draw McGraw in no time (5) 15.
This GRIDLESS rated: HARD