Here's a bamboozling puzzle that's sure to get under your skin!
You are hunting the vertical answerline which reveals the connection shared by the answers. This elusive connection may not be immediately apparent but with a second look you might find that it materialises right before your eyes!
1. More than 100 grow in over 500 in a sardine problem. (12)
2. A big swing and it hurls clay-pigeons with ease, I hear. (7)
3. A musical starlet wears a charming piece of jewellery around! (6)
4. Turned and fired - it intermittently uproots the prey. (7)
5. Catch last two in an enticing trap - providing some jolts along the way. (8)
6. Out of order zebra, for example, using superior guile. (9)
7. The birdcall that is about to be broadcast is worth at least nineteen figures! (12)
8. Wild when it is transferred back into French currency. (7)
9. Nags mum about the large containers. (7)
10. The bone of contention? Half of them wear fur! (5)
11. Laying low in one's lair like an orchid in goutweed patches! (6,3)
12. A Data Entry Operator places endless orders chasing an important feather accessory. (10)
13. Doggedly put off those that belong to me - and don’t lose your heads! (12)
14. TV canine loses her tail in an odd series of greasy spectacles. (7)
15. Sell a farm, a terrible scourge of the fire brigade. (5,5)
16. Beaks, wickets, and fingers – like some insects? (6)
This GRIDLESS rated: TRICKY
© Gridless 2007.
LOVE THEM OR LOATHE THEM, WE WANT TO HEAR. EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org