There are no cash prizes on offer in a Gridless, just the satisfaction of knowing you got it out. That said, our latest Gridless puzzle, Deduction, is such a taxing one, satisfaction will be hard to come by! It requires expert deductive reasoning.
Apply the usual Gridless tactics. First solve as many clues as you can because every correct answer will help you determine the secret answerline. The answerline is an elusive vertical word or phrase which holds the puzzle together with a neat logic.
So, withdraw to your favourite puzzle-solving armchair and put your deductive skills to use...for the satisfaction alone!
1. A personal hygiene problem leads to a medical graduate failure of a spectacular kind. (4)
2. Establishes what a person does in an ironworks. (6)
3. Harry Potter's is feeble against principal Dumbledore's. (4)
4. Cut tinea short with a prong. (4)
5. Distribute evenly or rainy days become lacking in propriety. (5)
6. Build truck frame and another luxury vehicle. (5)
7. Seafood setting is squalid, drives nearly all out. (5)
8. Sounds like you are in one tangle of nerves. (5-)
9. Basil and pine-nuts and parmesan cheese and some grapes too. (5)
10. Act like a criminal -- get a flashing light! (6)
11. Remove it from trivial competition. (5)
12. About face, head right, head north, reach country. (6)
13. Car gate barriers test dummy helmets. (5)
14. Bridgework makes tonsil very streaked with grey. (7)
15. Big __ in Little China, or The __ with Harry. (7)
16. Canines, woodsmen, and flying machines. (8)
17. Take possession of an acclaimed centre. (5)
18. Agrees when a Scottish monster goes back to Scotland, first. (6)
19. It all started when the tailless Bengal got upset. (5)